Athletics and extra-curricular activities play an important roll in the lives of many high school students. The purpose of sponsoring these clubs and teams is to train youth in the ideals of wholesome competition and true sportsmanship.
Our athletic and extra-curricular programs provide a medium by which students can:
- Develop an awareness of their abilities
- Learn and improve skills and self-discipline
- Acquire the true meaning of and practice good sportsmanship
- Be a part of a team effort
- Develop responsibility and cooperation
- Enhance self-esteem and feelings of belonging
- Form foundations for a healthy lifestyle
In order to be eligible for athletic squads, students must meet the requirements established by the Louisiana High School Athletic Association. The eligibility requirements for student athletes are stated in the Athletic Handbook.