Catholic at a Glance
Why Catholic of Pointe Coupee School?
- Catholic of Pointe Coupee is the only accredited elementary school and private high school in Pointe Coupee Parish. We have been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools since 1991.
- We foster spiritual growth in our students.
- We offer a strong educational program.
- Our elementary student-teacher ratio is 18:1.
- We consistently have the highest ACT scores and the highest number of students qualifying for TOPS among the schools in Pointe Coupee Parish.
- Over 95% of our graduates go on to college.
- We nurture the development of individual talents through a large variety of athletic teams, non-athletic clubs, and extracurricular activities.
- Our school is known for the quality of parental participation.
- We offer an excellent before-care and after-care program.
Catholic of Pointe Coupee is a co-educational school, grades PK3 - 12, for students who are seeking a traditional, comprehensive, Catholic education. In addition, we offer a three-year-old program (both 5-day and 3-day).
Governance & Accreditation
Catholic of Pointe Coupee is governed by the Diocese of Baton Rouge, through the St. Mary of False River Pastor. We are approved by the Louisiana Department of Education and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Principal - Fran Olinde ('70)
Director of Religious Education- Molly Cline ('16)
Catholic of Pointe Coupee School is located approximately 35 miles north of Baton Rouge in New Roads, Louisiana. Pointe Coupee Parish is a rural parish with a population of 24,300 and an agricultural economy that accounts for approximately 95% of the industry in the parish. It boasts rich farmland that produces a diversified crop base, but it is probably known best for its sugar cane fields. Additionally, the region offers sportsmen a wide range of hunting and fishing opportunities. It is also a culturally diverse region heavily influenced by Cajun traditions.
Catholic of Pointe Coupee serves six area church parishes:
- St. Mary of False River Church in New Roads
- St. Augustine Church in New Roads
- Immaculate Conception in Lakeland
- St. Ann Church in Morganza
- St. Francis Cabrini in Livonia
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in Maringouin
Our curriculum is based on Diocesan and State requirements and integrates technology utilizing newly updated computer labs, classroom computers, campus networking, and wireless Internet access. All PreK3 through 4th-grade classrooms have SmartBoard technology; 5th-grade through 8th-grade classrooms have iPads and mobile laptop carts; 9th-grade through 11th-grade students participate in our newly launched 1:1 program; 12th-grade classrooms have mobile laptop carts.
In elementary, the subject curriculum is organized around the main areas of Religion, Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies, and English. Also included are Spelling, Computer, Art, Physical education, Music, and Accelerated Reader.
The high school offers a college preparatory curriculum with courses such as Physics, Environmental Science, Advanced Math, Algebra III, Calculus, Biology II, Spanish, STEM, Psychology, Art, Music, Business Math, and Dual Enrollment.
Other services provided are Title I, resource, and speech therapy. Advanced enrichment classes are available for qualifying students. Our school counselor, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is on staff for elementary and high school students. In addition, Catholic of Pointe Coupee can provide a list of outside counseling services upon request. Guidance services emphasize student well-being and educational support, as well as guiding high school students on academic requirements necessary for graduation, college, and TOPS.
“Lord, when did we see you hungry, and feed you; or thirsty, and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger, and take you in; or naked, and clothe you? Or when did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to you? And answering the king will say to them, “Amen I say to you, as long as you did it for one of these, the least of my brethren, you did it for me.” - Matthew 25:37-40
An education at Catholic of Pointe Coupee enables and challenges students to grow in their faith, serving our school and our community.
As part of their religious formation, middle and high school students must participate in a service hour program. Service hours are required in the areas of school, church, community, and family. We require 100-125 service hours for graduation. These real-life experiences can be more powerful than classroom lessons. The relationships built and the conversations that occur during the service experiences encourage young people to greater depths of self-reflection, and therefore, a greater understanding of themselves and their connectedness with all of God’s people.
|Elementary School||Middle School (6-8)||High School (9-12)|
Thank you for your interest in Catholic of Pointe Coupee School. We hope you’ll visit our website often to see what’s happening on our campus and with our students.